18 Questions Profile our Newest Staffer: Vicki Revack
Our newest co-worker, Vicki Revack, is someone you should meet. She has taken the helm of the Carpe Vino wine bar, serving as your daytime vino mentor, Tuesday through Friday. With her deep knowledge of wine and food, she can help demystify your afternoon forays to the Friendly Confines to purchase wine or to relax and enjoy a glass.
As a former sales representative for major wine and liquor distributors, she has a solid education in the nuances of the wine business. Her goal is to help you discover new wines and find something perfect for your needs in the moment. She is an immensely pleasant personality behind the bar, and we know you’ll enjoy chatting with her.
Please join us in welcoming her to Old Town and Carpe Vino. Here are her responses to 18 questions that will tell you everything you need to know:
1. Position and start date: Daytime wine bar and sales staff, Monday through Thursday. Started July 13, 2016.
2. Birthplace: Phoenix, AZ
3. Family: Are you married, engaged, children. . .? Engaged, no children.
4. How did you get started in the hospitality business; where else have your worked? Started at Taco Bell in high school, worked every position in a couple of local Sacramento restaurants; put myself through college waiting tables. After graduation I was hired to run Café Donatello and then was recruited as general manager of the Capitol Grill after two years. From there I moved on to the beverage/alcohol industry as a key account specialist in Sacramento and then to district sales manager for Northern California for two different wine suppliers.
5. College or formal hospitality training: Four-year degree from CSUS in Strategic Management.
6. The part of your job you like best: Pairing wine with food and teaching others about both.
7. If you ran this joint, what would you change? I don’t know yet!
8. The book on your nightstand is: Mercy Among the Children
9. What do you do for fun? Lunch with the girls, water/snow skiing, hiking and entertaining.
10. What’s your passion? Cooking, gardening, wine.
11. In five years, I’ll be. . .: Travelling.
12. Favorite Carpe Vino dish: Don’t know presently, but every meal has been excellent.
13. Favorite restaurant, other than Carpe Vino: Boulevard in San Francisco; The Waterboy in Sacramento.
14: Favorite wine: Currently drinking alternative whites; albarino, gruener veltliner and pinot blanc. Pinot Noir is my go-to with dinner.
15: What would we be surprised to learn about you? I am a hippie at heart.
16. What do you like best about living in the Foothills? The beauty and serenity.
17. What one quality of yours do you think makes you most successful at your job? The desire to please.
18. Who in the whole world inspires you most and why? Barack Obama. I think history will show him to be one of the most accomplished presidents of the modern era, and he has persevered against all odds.