My personal favorite outreach, however, is coming up next week: the third edition of the nationwide program called “Big Day of Giving.” It’s so simple it is beautiful: make a contribution of $25 or more to any participating non-profit. . .for simply no reason at all. . .other than for the pure joy of giving. Hundreds of Sacramento region non-profits are participating, including virtually every charitable organization in Placer County. Our neighbor across Court Street, the Placer Community Foundation, is coordinating locally. Veronica Blake and her very capable crew are working hard to help reach this year’s goal of $6 million. Here are the details they sent over to us:
It’s almost here – May 3rd is the BIG Day of Giving! Now in its third year, the BIG Day of Giving has gained momentum and is continuing to grow. This exciting regional event is a wonderful way for donors to support the essential work of local nonprofits. The collective goals for the nonprofit sector this year are: $6M in 24 hours from 30,000 donors on May 3rd, this year’s national giving day.
How you can make a difference:
1) Spread the word. Tell your friends, post on Facebook, and tweet about it. This is an opportunity to be part of something really big! #BIGDoG2016
2) May 3rd, make a donation starting as small as $25 to the nonprofits of your choice at www.bigdayofgiving.org
3) Attend one of the events in Placer County on the BIG Day:
• Kick Off Event – Tuesday, May 3, 10 am – 1 pm, Center Court, Westfield Galleria at Roseville
• BIG DoG Evening Celebration – Tuesday, May 3, 4 pm – 7 pm, Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center, 985 Lincoln Way, Auburn
Thank you in advance for your generosity to our community; together, we can make a BIG impact!
We’ve helped promote this event since its inception, and many of our customers have stepped up to help. We’ll be contributing again this year, supporting a food-based non-profit. Please join us!