Simpatico is an Amazing Bordeaux Blend for 25 Bucks
Santa Gary waits all year for Christmas to arrive, and then all of the sudden it is here. Already, we’re down to just a few more deals to share, and today we’ve got our last red wine to present: the 2011 Wm. Harrison “Simpatico” Red Blend (Rutherford), everyday priced at $32 per bottle or just $24.95 each when you purchase six or more. . .a discount just south of 22%.
We’ve brought you Wm. Harrison wines many times over the years, starting with Santa Gary’s personal favorite, the 1997 Cabernet Franc that we sold when we first opened the shop in 2002. And we’ve always appreciated the very tasty Rutherford Red—but when the ’09 Simpatico Red Wine was released, we found a new favorite. Simpatico is a great name because the two grapes blend herewith—cabernet sauvignon and merlot—are a wondrous estate, Bordeaux match.
Owner Bill Harrison released his first wine in 1993. These days, winemaking is the responsibility of Jim McMahon a CalPoly grad who worked at Kenwood and Luna before eventually being handed the ball as Wm. Harrison’s winemaker in 2009, after three years as assistant.
The Simpatico is not available at the winery, and it is made in such a miniscule quantity, we’re able to get just 10 cases. . .so first come, first served!
Winery Tasting Notes: Very brief and to the point! “Rich full-bodied wine that flashes brilliantly with lots of blackberry and blueberry fruit and new French oak.”
Alcohol Level: 14.3%
Cases Produced: 375
Blend: Estate cabernet sauvignon and merlot
Winemaker: Jim McMahon
If this wine appeals to you, it comes in at just under $150 for six bottles plus tax (and applicable shipping). You can treat yourself to your own Christmas present by tapping the “Buy Now” button and filling in the blanks. Merry Christmas!
All deals are valid through December 24, 2013 or as long as supplies last.
7 Holiday Wine Deals You May Have Missed:
1. 2012 NV Grande Violette: retail price is $18; purchase six or more and the price is $12.99 each. This is a brand new label from Naggiar Vineyards that will not be available at the winery.
2. 2012 Pine Ridge Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: winery priced at $54 per bottle, just $29.99 per bottle when you purchase six or more. This is the lowest price we’ve seen on this wine.
3. 20% off Carpe Vino gift cards. Sorry, that deal is ooohva!
4. 2012 Elizabeth Spencer Mendocino Chardonnay $25 at the winery, $19.99 CV retail or $13.99 each when you purchase six or more.
5. 2010 ZaZin everyday priced at $17.99 per bottle or just $13.99 each when you purchase six or more. . .a discount of 22%