1. Position and start date: Sales Manager, November 28, 2012
2. Birthplace: Sacramento, CA
3. Family: Are you married, engaged, children. . .? Engaged to Wendi Wilson; no kids; I’m the youngest of six kids with 13 nieces and nephews.
4. How did you get started in the hospitality business; where else have your worked? My first gig was a dishwasher in high school, and I have worked my way through the restaurant industry for 20 years as busser, server, bartender and manager before selling wine for a living . Last job was Food & Beverage/Wine Director for Citizen Hotel and Grange Restaurant in Sac.
5. College or formal hospitality training: Attended both San Diego State and Sac State for business. Currently Level One Certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers and will take Level Two Certification this fall.
6. The part of your job you like best: I love wine and found a niche where I can work with something I enjoy.
7. If you ran this joint, what would you change? I would turn the Wine Mine into a cellar…we’d lose some dining space but it would look cool.
8. The book on your nightstand is: Of course it’s the Wine Bible.
9. What do you do for fun? Are you involved in any sports? If I could, I’d play golf for a living. . .I’ve been playing since I was six; played on my high school and junior college teams and once sported a 4 handicap.
10. What’s your passion? Wine and Golf
11. In five years, I’ll be. . .: Vice President of Sales for the Carpe Vino sales force.
12. Favorite Carpe Vino dish: Definitely the “noosh” (inside joke), but my favorite entrée is the duck when available.
13. Favorite restaurant, other than Carpe Vino: Lou’s Sushi in Sacramento where we eat once a week.
14: Favorite wine: In general it’s definitely cabernet sauvignon but right now I really like the 2012 Linne Calodo “The Outsider” Red from San Luis Obispo.
15: What would we be surprised to learn about you? I am a Civil War Re-enactor and I’ve skydived twice.
16. What do you like best about living in the Foothills? I live in Sacramento right now but if I did it would be the proximity to enjoy outdoor activities and Tahoe.
17. What one quality of yours do you think makes you most successful at your job? Integrity, defined as adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
18. Who in the whole world inspires you most and why? No one person in particular I suppose but I aspire to be the best that I can be in love, work, and life so at the end of the day I can say to myself, “I did it the right with no regrets”.